Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Few Ashlyn Anecdotes

After my return home from Virginia, I had many loads of laundry to do, so the other day, as Ashlyn was playing in my room, she came across a basket of clean clothes. Much too tempting to leave alone, she started pulling things out of the basket. Apparently she had seen me putting the clothes away, so she took one of the washclothes from the basket, went over to my dresser, opened the bottom drawer, put the wash cloth in, and then closed the drawer again. She did this several times and then I realized that this may pose a problem in the future, as I was envisioning things disappearing around the house, to be found stuffed in random places. Later that day, I also saw her try to put the tv remote into the kerosene heater (it was turned off, don't worry). She's definitely in that copycat phase!

Today, as I searched the Army base for a swing, I came across a cute little park with a fishing pond complete with ducks. We wandered around admiring the ducks for a while, then ended up at the playground. No swings, but Ashlyn did enjoy her very first trip down the slide! She loved it and kept wanting to do it again. She's a sucker for adventure. A thrill seeker. Must take after her daddy.

No comments: