During the last month, Ashlyn's vocabulary has expanded immensely. She apparently listens to everything, internalizes it, and then these new words and phrases pop up in her working vocabulary. Just a few of her latest examples:
* "Oh, be careful Mommy/Honey/Becky" (when I am standing on a chair to reach something, or when we are driving past the marina and then she finishes the phrase with "don't go in the water with the boats", or when she is in the stroller and we turn the corner and the phrase is then finished with "don't go in the grass!") {and yes, she occasionally calls me by my real name now that she knows it - apparently she does it most often when she wants to get my attention and 'Mommy' isn't cutting it}
* When I grabbed H's sunglasses off the dash in the car the other day, I heard from the back seat: "Mommy, what's that scraping sound?" (Really?! Where did she learn the word scraping?!)
* "I put my turkey jerky on the counter so I can run around"
* "That's a beautiful cherry blossom tree"
* "I love you Mommy," she says. "I love you too," I say. "Yeah," she says, "We love each other."
* "Daddy, I'm de-pouffing Jack!" (our term for pulling the poufs or tufts of hair off Jack that he is shedding)
In general, her speech has become much more clear and understandable. She speaks in full sentences now and is always talking. (And singing)
No comments:
Post a Comment